Troop 890, Dallas, TX
Boy Scouts of America Troop 890 was chartered in 1961 by the Lake Highlands United Methodist Church located at 9015 Plano Road, Dallas, Texas. The troop has remained at LHUMC over its 50-year history.
The Troop meets every Monday night at 7:00 except for the Monday after campouts and breaks over the Christmas Holidays and Summer.
We are celebrating our 500th Eagle Scout soon. See 890Eagles.org for details.
How About an Adventure?
Boy Scouts prove themselves in an environment that challenges their courage and tests their nerve. After they've been given the proper guidance from those with experience and know-how, they take their own lead, going places they've never gone, seeing things they've never seen, and diving into the rugged world of outdoor adventure, relying on teamwork and character to accomplish what everyone else thinks is impossible.
Sound fun? If you're a boy age 11, or at least 10 and have completed the fifth grade, or have earned the Cub Scout Arrow of Light Award, to 17 years old, the time for a real adventure is now.
- NEW: Memorials for Sheryl Harris and Rick Berry
- In Memory: Scoutmaster and Friend, Stan Wilson
- The 890'er Newsletter In color! (Login to view)
- Photos & Videos: Summer Camp, Sea Base
- Online Safety Handout (Article, PDF)
- Hon. Pete Sessions' 50-Year Congratulations in the Congressional Record (Article, PDF )
- Dallas News NeighborsGo 5-27-2011 Scout leader honored for service (Article, PDF)